Quantitative Researcher (in Bangkok, Thailand)
WorldQuant is a quantitative asset management firm founded in 2007 and currently has over 600 employees working in more than 25 offices in 15 countries. We develop and deploy systematic financial strategies across a variety of asset classes in global markets, utilizing a proprietary research platform and risk management process.
Job Responsibilities (include, but not limited to the following):
Our research office in Bangkok is seeking electrical engineering, physics, computer engineering, mathematics, financial engineering or any other related field majors for the Quantitative Researcher position. This position involves the creation of computer-based models that seek to predict the movements of worldwide financial markets. Candidates need not have prior knowledge of financial markets, but must have a strong interest in learning about stock markets and other financial markets. Our highly accomplished senior staff provides new hires with mentoring and guidance to help them succeed.
We offer outstanding career opportunities, which include:
• Competitive financial rewards, based on performance and position
• Friendly and collegial working environment
• Opportunity for promotion to Vice President in 2 to 4 years
• Opportunity to learn from investment experts
• Ph.D. or M.S. degree from a leading university and B.S. degree from a top university in Thailand, US, (or from other leading universities in the world) in a highly analytical field, such as Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Financial Engineering or any other related field that is highly analytical and quantitative
• Have a research scientist mindset, i.e., be a deep thinker, creative, persevering, smart, a self-starter, etc.
• Be competent in a programming language (C++ or C)
• Possess good English language skills
• Have a strong interest in learning about worldwide financial markets
• Possess a relentless drive to succeed, supplemented by a strong work ethic
Position based in our research office located in Bangkok
Interested and qualified candidates please email your current CV (or any questions) in ENGLISH to WQThailandjobs@worldquant.com
WorldQuant is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation or preference, age, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law.