The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services Directorate (CS) - Information Technology (IT) – Business Services Department (BSD) - Risk Management & Best Banking Practice Division (RB) - Financial, Liquidity and Operational Risk (FLO), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
Financial Risk Software Specialist
This is a full time position at grade 4/5
Panel interviews are anticipated for mid-July
The term of this contract will be 4 years. The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs,
with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
As a Financial Risk Software Specialist, (internally referred to as Officer IT Applications) you will maintain and further develop several risk management solutions, including off-the-shelf software (IBM Algorithmics, SAS OpRisk) and bespoke solutions, in the area of market risk, ALM and liquidity risk. S/he will notably ensure that the computations required for the Bank’s reporting are performed consistently and accurately in alignment with the standards outlined by the Basel Supervisory Committee.
You will report to the Head of the Financial, Liquidity and Operational Risk Unit and whenever required to the Head of the Risk Management and Best Banking Practice Division. The Unit is composed of 6 internal staff and several external consultants.
Externally, you will regularly deal with key external parties (software vendors, providers of outsourced services, peer groups) in order to optimise the level of service and to stay abreast of best practices. Internally, you will work in close cooperation with the other Unit members, as well as with your colleagues from other IT divisions and business Directorates.
Your main responsibilities:
• Organising, structuring and leading complex business requirement analysis; producing business cases to propose the best possible IT solution while remaining cost effective for the Bank
• Offering unique perspective while leading IT projects under own responsibility and ensuring their delivery within planned time, scope and budget by anticipating issues and taking mitigation actions
• Providing timely support services for the Risk solutions, including issues resolution, system performance improvement and qualified advice
• Writing up the project documentation such as project charter, functional design, test scripts, progress report, reviewing all technical deliverables to meet qualitative objectives
• Coordinating internal and external resources and handling managing the related procurement aspects
• Reporting accurate, meaningful and timely project status to all involved parties, raising issues as necessary
• Ensuring that the risk management software solutions are in line with the IT policies and that qualitative and quantitative objectives are achieved.
• Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Mathematics, Finance or related fields
• At least 3 years of experience in a mixed IT / finance environment, maintaining the Algorithmics software suite, or any similar risk software solutions, such as Protecht.ALM, Misys FusionRisk, KRM Kamakura, FIS/Sungard Ambit Focus, OneSumX Wolters Kluwer
• Deep knowledge of finance and risk management, including Basel regulatory frameworks, quantitative finance principles, ALM, and liquidity risk
• Demonstrable experience in data integration and analysis
• Excellent understanding of relational databases and development languages. e.g.: Unix scripting, P/L SQL, Python and Java/J2EE
• A project management certification (Prince2 or PMP/PMI) would be an advantage
• Excellent knowledge of English and/or French(*), with a good knowledge of the other
• Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
• Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
• Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
• Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
Deadline for applications: 9 July 2018
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability