We seek a highly motivated University student possessing strong technical skills and the ability to work in a fast paced collaborative environment. The IT Tech Support role offers crucial production technology operations experience. You will work with our Linux systems administrators to improve processes with a primary corporate backup focus.
- Enhance proprietary automated reporting and monitoring tools.
- SpectraLogic T950 autochanger LTO7 fiber attached backup library maintenance.
- Improve current barcode tape inventory process.
- Manage tape inventory: loading, unloading, and verification.
- Research and explore ideas for process upgrades and automation opportunities.
- Assist with enterprise Legato backup software configuration and maintenance.
- Work closely with IT team to assist with other projects as required.
Requirements of the Candidate include:
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Computer Science.
- Perl, bash, or python scripting skills and experience.
- General C++ and/or Java programming knowledge or experience in a Linux environment preferred.
- General knowledge of relational databases including Sybase, SQL Server and Oracle is a plus.
We offer a flexible schedule from 5 up to 15 hours/week. Responsibilities breakdown: 50% programming and scripting. 50% physical backup tape support.